Tuesday 26 June 2018

Book Review | Eve of Man by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher








Title: Eve of Man
Author:  Giovanna & Tom Fletcher
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Rating: 5 Kitkats





AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE . . .


All her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex. Kept from the truth of her past.

But at sixteen it's time for Eve to face her destiny. Three potential males have been selected for her. The future of humanity is in her hands. She's always accepted her fate.

Until she meets Bram.

Eve wants control over her life. She wants freedom.

But how do you choose between love and the future of the human race?

(From Goodreads)



Disclaimer: A massive thank you to the publisher for sending this to me on a read-to-review basis. This does not affect my opinion of the book. It's my true opinion only.

I was so excited when I received my copy of 'Eve of Man'. When I heard it was being published, I had to request it from the publisher. I was so lucky when I knew I had received a copy. I am so grateful to the publisher.

Tom is from a band called McFLY. He has also written books for children which are very popular.

Giovanna have been writing chick lit novels for a few years. I haven't read any by her yet, but I've heard she's really good. 

This is the first novel this married couple have written together. It's going to be the first in a trilogy.

I liked the story line of this book. It is different and unique. As I was reading it I was thinking this book could so be made into a TV show. 

The story is told from two perspectives: Bram and Eve.

Eve is a very innocent character. All she wants is to live and see the beautiful world. She lives for the people as she has known from birth she is the saviour, so she is powerful in the fact she will do what's right for her people. However she does dream of freedom. 

Bram is a son of a powerful man who works for a company to keep Eve in the dome above. Bram has followed in his Dad's footsteps for a few years, but get involved into Eve's life and ends up developing a crush on Eve. 

I liked both of these characters together. I thought they were cute as Bram would do anything for Eve to help her get her freedom, and Eve saw Bram as part of her freedom. It was really sweet. 

Giovanna wrote Eve's chapters, and Tom wrote Bram's. I found I had no issues with either writing style. I liked both of them. 

My favourite part of the book would probably have to be when a secret is revealed and they find the secret. I was surprised as well as happy, and from then on this book just got better. 

I really liked how this book ended. It leaves me wanting more, and I can't wait for the sequel.

In the end I gave this book five out of five Kitkats as I found it was an enjoyable read.

If you like YA sci-fi books, then I suggest to give this book a go. 


add to goodreads button

As always, thank you for reading. 

I hope you have enjoyed this review. 

  Keep smiling, keep reading & be happy! =)

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment