Tuesday 17 July 2018

Book Review | Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West




Title: Listen to Your Heart
Author:  Kasie West
Publisher: Scholastic Point
Rating: 5 Kitkats





Talking to other people isn't Kate Bailey's favorite activity. She'd much rather be out on the lake, soaking up the solitude and sunshine. So when her best friend, Alana, convinces Kate to join their high school's podcast, Kate is not expecting to be chosen as the host. Now she'll have to answer calls and give advice on the air? Impossible.

But to Kate's surprise, she turns out to be pretty good at the hosting gig. Then the podcast gets in a call from an anonymous guy, asking for advice about his unnamed crush. Kate is pretty sure that the caller is gorgeous Diego Martinez, and even surer that the girl in question is Alana. Kate is excited for her friend ... until Kate herself starts to develop feelings for Diego. Suddenly, Kate finds that while doling out wisdom to others may be easy, asking for help is tougher than it looks, and following your own advice is even harder.



(From Goodreads)



Disclaimer: I purchased this book myself. All opinions are my own.

I was so excited to hear there was another Kasie West book that had been released. I immediately ordered it, and when it arrived, I had a massive urge to start it, so I put it on my TBR for the next month, and I'm so glad that I did.

Kasie West is one of my favourite auto-buy authors. Every book she brings out, I buy straight away even without reading the synopsis, because I know I'm going to love it.

I have given all of Kasie's books 5 out of 5 Kitkats. 

The story is told from the perspective of Kate (Good name), and I really liked this main character. She's quite the introvert. She likes her private space on the lake side, and she has no confidence in herself. 

Her best friend Alana on the other hand is the opposite. She oozes with confidence.

Frank is a character we learn to hate on first appearance, but then after we see he is actually quite a nice person who will do a lot for his friends.

Diego is quite a quirky male character. He is funny yet interesting.

What I liked about this story is we know there is a male ringing into the podcast, but we are only assuming along with Kate that it is Diego. Kate is completely oblivious to anything, and even inside I was thinking this Diego could be talking about Kate and having an interest in her.
I did also think Frank could have an interest in Kate as a hate-to-love-trope, which I was actually digging. 

This book had me guessing all the time and it kept me hooked. I thought it was utterly cute and the perfect read for Summer. This was the book I was missing this season, and I'm so glad I found it to fill my missing void.

My favourite part of the book would have to be the bit when they all design over Diego's car, then everyone is asking everyone out and I'm just there like "oohh" getting swooned everywhere!

I loved how this book ended. It was sweet. Friendships were still there and strong. Even new friendships were formed.

In the end I had to give this book 5 out of 5 Kitkats as it was totally worth the read and I loved every single moment of it. 

If you love a good summer contemporary read, then I suggest you give this book a go. 

add to goodreads button

As always, thank you for reading. 

I hope you have enjoyed this review. 

  Keep smiling, keep reading & be happy! =)

~Katie~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment