Wednesday 16 July 2014

Review: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale



Title: Picture Perfect
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl (#3)
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Rating:  5/5 Stars

“My name is Harriet Manners, and I’ll always be a geek.”

It’s the hilarious third book in the bestselling award-winning GEEK GIRL series!

Harriet Manners knows more facts than most.

She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States.

She knows that its official motto is ‘Ever Upward’.

She knows that one in thirty-eight people living in the US lives there.

But she knows nothing whatsoever about modelling in the Big Apple and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or ‘becoming a brand’ as the models in New York say. And even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren’t coming your way from your boyfriend…

Does geek girl go too far this time?

The laugh out loud follow-up to award-winning debut GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches!


(From Goodreads)

Source: I own a copy.

Holly Smale has done it YET AGAIN with another novel!

I was so excited when hearing another Geek Girl novel was being released. I HAD to get it. I needed it in my life!!

This series just makes me smile no matter what. I find myself in stitches, laughing out loud, and just falling for all characters.

If I could be best friends with Harriet Manners, I could. 
She just has so much energy and light and wouls keep me amused to no end (even in tight and depressing situations).

She is a fantastic main protagonist. I just love seeing what new adventures she goes on, and what struggles she is going to face next. 

Every embarassing moment, I face with her.

This novel, Harriet is battling with herself and when it comes to romance. 

All old characters make an appearance no matter how brief. 

What I liked about this book were the numerous hilarious moments, Harriet's random facts - and who can forget Wilbur?!

Family, romance, friendship and trust are all inside this storyline. 
I enjoyed the story in general. It's good, funny and makes you smile.

I love Holly's writing. She does a fantastic job every time. 

I was hooked from the beginning, and loved the ending as it had that cute and hopeful feeling.

It was a great third book, which is why I gave it five stars. I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next installment! =D


add to goodreads button

I hope you have enjoyed this review.

  Happy reading =) 

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment