Friday 15 June 2018

Book Review | Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare






Title: Clockwork Angel
Author:  Cassandra Clare
Publisher: McElderry Books
Rating: 5 Kitkats



TMagic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London’s Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa’s power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm’s length…everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the 
world…and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.
(From Goodreads)



Disclaimer: I purchased this book myself. All opinions are my own.

I have owned this book for a few years now. I bought it around the time it was really hyped up on Booktube. 

Cassandra Clare has written various books in the Shadowhunter world. I am slowly making my way through them in publishing order.  

I really enjoy Cassandra Clare's writing style. Even though her chapters can be sometimes thirty pages long, I fly through them because I get so immersed into the story. 

In general I really liked the story line of this book. Shadowhunters in London in the past? Yes please!

Character wise, I really liked Tessa. I thought she was an interesting character.

Will was moody and dark and mysterious (which is why I secretly had a crush on him). I totally shipped Tessa and Will from the start.

Jem has got to be my most favourite character though. He has a massive heart, is really caring and always there for Tessa when she needs a friend. He is someone I would want to know in real life.

Jessamine is a female I'm still not sure if I like or not. She is full of sass and confidence, but she can also be spiky and rude. Will see how she fares in the other books...


I really liked the last few chapters of the book the best. There was so much action, suspense, casualties, intensity...I loved it!

The remaining epilogue of the book leaves in a cliff hanger where I want more, and I can't wait to continue.

In the end I gave this book five out of five Kitkats because I loved the book in general. I definitely recommend this book to all. 



add to goodreads button




As always, thank you for reading. 

I hope you have enjoyed this review. 

  Keep smiling, keep reading & be happy! =)

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment