Thursday 8 May 2014

Review: The One by Kiera Cass



Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection (#3)
Publisher: HarperCollins, HarperTeen
Rating: Ultimate Katie Star (5/5 Stars)


Goodreads-badge-add-plus


The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.


(From Goodreads)

Source: I own a copy.

Oh my gosh. I feel like I have waited FOREVER to read the conclusion to this series. 
I was so excited to finally get my hands on a copy, and HAD to read it straight away.
I needed to know what was going to happen, and who America was going to pick.
Maxon or Aspen? Maxon or Aspen?
Hell, even I didn't know who I was going to pick myself!

This book was just PERFECTION. 
Everything wrapped up so well! So much happened and some unexpected things happened too.
I was gushing, in shock, angry and sad at so many different points.
This book is definitely my favourite in the series.
God, it was just amazing.

Even now I find myself thinking about the book and everything that happened in the entire series.
I think - in all honesty - it will remain with me forever.
Not many books have affected me in such a way. This book definitely deserves a medal.

The general storyline to this book was so good. So much happened: the rebels, the friendship between the final girls in the competition, things that affected the families, and some characters making the right decisions.
It contains a fantastic distopian world.

America was a little reckless at times; just like in the other novels in the series. However, she developed and blossomed into this beautiful swan that people admired and wanted to be. Even I myself am jealous and would love to be in America's shoes (I mean, those gowns <3 ).

I previously read the novella The Guard before reading this, so I had both a love for Aspen and Prince Maxon. So much that I just couldn't choose between them. Both were great people.
Aspen did have a heart and cared so deeply for others. 
And Maxon...because he's handsome, a prince and has wealth. He also has a way with words. He can literally make you melt and fall in love with him.
America was definitely in a touch situation. But I could see who she really had fallen for...

There were times when I was annoyed at Maxon. He was just such a player with all the other girls. But then I did find a reason behind him being like that. I won't spoil you on that as I want you to read and find out for yourselves!

This book had me feeling all sorts of emotions. I was laughing, crying, happy, full of sadness and in suspense. I was literally on edge. I honestly couldn't put the book down. 
I don't often sit and read a book straight in one sitting, but with this one, I did just that. 
Full of twists and turns; I promise you won't be let down. 

Kiera Cass is fantastic in her writing. She definitely captivates you.

The story is written in first person, and the chapters have a decent length.

The beginning of the book caught my attention; I was straight into the story. 
The ending was just full of bliss. It was so perfect that it had me gushing, and I just wanted to shout to the world that I had read a fantastic book. 

This book definitely deserves the rating that I gave it, which was an Ultimate Katie Star (5/5 stars).
I can't believe the series is over. I just can't.
I want the whole world to read The Selection series. It will forever remain one of my favourite series. I will hold it in my heart forever.

If you like distopian worlds with princesses, friendship, families, romance, conflict and a hot prince, then this series is definitely for you. Or just read it anyway and I'll be proud of you ;)

 
I hope you have enjoyed this review.
 

Happy reading =)
 

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment