Wednesday 1 January 2014

Review: Jinx by Meg Cabot




Title: Jinx
Author:  Meg Cabot
Publisher: Macmillan
Rating: 5/5 Stars



Goodreads-badge-add-plus




It wasn't just the power failure the night Jean Honeychurch was born that earned her the nickname Jinx: misfortune seems to follow her wherever she goes. Which is why she's been shipped off to New York to stay with relatives - including her sophisticated cousin Tory - until the trouble she's caused back in her small hometown dies down.

Tory couldn't care less about Jinx - until Jinx's chronic bad luck starts wreaking havoc in Tory's perfect world. Only then does Jinx learn that beneath Tory's big-city glamour lies a world of hatred and revenge. And now Jean's jinx could be the only thing that can save her life . . .


(From Goodreads)

Source: I own a copy.

Second time in reading this book. I first read this when it was released in 2007. 
I loved it then and I loved it now.

You know when you read SO many books that you forget what happened in that book you last read a couple years back? That's what this was like. 
It was so good to just refresh my memory so that I was like "OH YEAH!! NOW I remember!!"

As you should know by now I'm a massive fan of Meg Cabot. Her writing style captivates me.

She comes up with fantastic story lines, and Jinx is just another cherry on top of the cake.

Cabot's stories end up making you feel all giddy and happy inside when you finish reading them. 

I like how this story contained a bit of witchcraft which is different. 

Jinx is the main protagonist. She doesn't lie, has manners and is such a genuine character. She is very blind to Zack and his feelings.

Tory is a deranged  bitch. She has issues. She is mental, crazy and is obsessed with magic and who she loves. She definitely needs a chill pill. I felt such anger towards her.

Zack is a character I loved. He's so cool and suave. He has such panache in his attitude. He really is a hot and wonderful guy.

Petra is a frickin' awesome character. I loved her. She is so polite yet amazing at the same time. 

All of the characters are fully animated. 

Jinx contains a romance that is cute, and not too full on.

The book has short chapters which is nice. 

The beginning was good as we were introduced to Jinx and her life.

The end of the book was perfect. It was so cute, and gushy. I loved it!

I re-read this book to get out of a reading slump, and it definitely worked! 
Jinx is well worth the read, and that's why I gave it five out of five stars!


I hope you have enjoyed this review.
 

Happy reading =)
 

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment