Tuesday 15 October 2013

Review: Revived by Cat Patrick



Title: Revived
Author: Cat Patrick
Publisher:
Electric Monkey
Rating: 5/5 Stars


Synopsis:

The world fades to nothing, and before I have the chance to think another thought...I'm dead.

My name is Daisy West and my whole life is a lie. I'm part of a programme to test a drug called Revive - a drug that brings people back from the dead. I have died five times. I've been Revived five times. With each revival comes a new name, a new town...a new life. But this time, I won't let myself die. This time, I've found a love that I can't let go of. This time, I'm going to make my life my own











My thoughts: 

This was a book that was chosen by my viewer's on YouTube to read for the month of September. I'm so glad that they did as it was enjoyable.
This is a book that I purchased myself this year. 
This is also the first book I have read by Cat Patrick, so I was VERY excited!



~Storyline~

I thought the storyline in general was really enjoyable. 
It's different and gripping at the same time.
I really liked it a lot.



~Cover~

I think the cover of the book is simple. 
You have the girl ith her hair blowing.
The font is nice and clear. 



~Synopsis~ 

When I first read the synopsis, I was hooked. I wanted to know more and why this person is being revived a lot. 
It's a very good synopsis.



~Characters~

Daisy - I really liked Daisy as a main character. She told the story well and I admired her for her decisions.
Audrey - Audrey is a fantastic friend to Daisy. She is one of those people who you just want to be.
Matt - Matt really is a great guy. You can see he cares deeply about people close to him.
Mason & Cassie - When first meeting Mason and Cassie, I could feel there was something they were both hiding, so I was very suspicious of them because of that.

In general, I really liked all the characters. They were all believable.



~Structure~

The story is written from Daisy's point of view, so its in first person. I really enjoy first person reads because you get to hear and see everything the main character goes through. Plus I can normally hear their voice in my head, and I enjoy the story more. 
This book also has short chapters which is another great bonus. Short chapters can make you easily fly through the book, and they are good for people who like to take short breaks.



~Writing~

The writing on a whole was fantastic. It's very gripping and exciting, and I was enjoying every minute.



~Title relevance~ 

Obviously the title relevance is very good as it is about someone being 'revived' a lot.



~Beginning~

The beginning of the book was really good. I wanted to continue straight away.



~Ending~

The ending was very sweet, and a perfect ending to the book. It did contain sadness, but also had that little bit of hope inserted.



~Rating & overall thoughts~

So overall I did thoroughly enjoy the book. It was a quick fantastic read. Everything was great and now that I have read a book by Cat Patrick, I will most definitely read her other books!
So I had to give this book a well deserved five stars.




~Recommend?~

Yes! Go buy it now. It's really good!



Video review:






I hope you have enjoyed reading this review.



Happy reading =)

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment