Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review: Under Never Sky by Veronica Rossi



Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Atom
Rating:  4/5 stars

Synopsis:

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART. DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER. 
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. 
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers


 (From Goodreads)





My thoughts: 

This book is one of my own that I purchased.
After hearing great things about this book, I was super excited to start it. I was, however, disappointed.
The storyline was good, but I wasn't hooked from the beginning. It was slow, and I will be honest: I wasn't enjoying it. I felt like some things weren't explained enough. I was given names of things, but not told what they are or do. As I plummeted into the story more, it did get better, and I felt like the reigns were loosened.  
The story is told from two perspectives: Aria and Perry. This is interesting because we get to hear from two different people, especially as Perry is an outsider. 
Aria is a great character, and has a pure heart. She cares deeply about the people around her, and her mother means a lot to her. 
Perry is similar in this respect because he cares a lot for his brother whom he is willing to search the world for. 
Together, Aria and Perry are identical and when working together, they then create a special bond which I liked. 
The character Roar is funny, and they definitely had a spunk about them.
The ending of the book was full of hope and love, and now I want to read the sequel. 
The chapters are nice and short.
The cover of this version of the book is pretty and pink. You can tell there's going to be a close bonding as you can see a male and female floating together.
Overall, I did like this book and gave it four stars. 
I hope you enjoy this book if you purchase it. 

Video review:
Happy reading =)
 
 Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment