Monday 13 May 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon: Day #1

DAY #1

 

Today's goal:

  • Finish Cinder by Marissa Meyer

9:20am: Hello, guys. Today is day 1 of the BoB read-a-thon, and I have work, so I will update you on things later. Hopefully it's quiet at work so I can get some reading done there =)

6:44pm: I just came home from work not long ago, and finished my dinner. As far as reading goes, I only managed to read 2 chapters of Cinder. I was hoping because of the weather,(and the fact I was operating a big roller coaster with a big height restriction), that I'd get some more in; but sadly not. By the way - if you don't know - my occupation is a ride operator at a theme park in the UK. I will be working throughout some days this week, so it will be tough, but I'll do my best =)


First book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer  
This is a book I started before the event, so I'll be finishing this one off.
Time started: 7:30pm 
Current page: 266
Page update: 302 @ 8:00pm
Thoughts on the book so far: I like this book. It's a really cute read, and Cinder just wants to be noticed not as an android, but as a person. I feel sorry for her at times.
Time started: 8:20pm
Page update: 346 @ 9:00pm
Time started: 10:25
Page update: Book finished @ 11:00pm
Final thoughts on the book: My gosh that ending. What a killer. Loved it =)




That's all for today, guys. I'll see you tomorrow =)  

~Katie~

4 comments:

  1. You're a ride operator at a theme park?! :D Cinder has been on my shelf for a while and I'm glad you liked it. It makes me want to pick it up now. Great start! Good luck and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, haha. It's kinda fun =P Thank you, you too =D

      Delete
  2. Yey Cinder!! I actually liked Scarlet even better, so maybe you'll be able to get to it next :D

    My BoB updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have Scarlet on my TBR list, so maybe soon =P

      Delete