Saturday 28 December 2013

BookTube 24-Hour Read-a-thon!!


I'm SO excited to be taking part in this read-a-thon. I know a lot of other people are participating, and it should be fun!


All my reading updates will be placed here. So be sure to check back here on my progress.
I'll also be tweeting, so if you're not already following me, you can follow me by clicking here.
Also, feel free to add me on Goodreads to see my status updates on the books I'm reading. 

I am a slow reader, so this will be a definite challenge for me. I have done a 24-hour read-a-thon before and I ended up in a slump! Hopefully that won't happen this time! D:
If you are participating, let me know down below. 
Good luck & happy reading!! =D

AND BEGIN!!

Total books read: 1                    Total pages read: 476


First book: Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
 
Time Started: 12:30am - Started late as I just finished the book I was reading before the event. I also have a headache. Not a good start -_-
Current page: 0
Page update: 44 @ 1:05am
Thoughts on this book: Omg sooo goood!!
Page update: 93 @ 1:50am
I went to bed at 3:00am due to a raging headache =(
Time restarted: 9:30am
Page update: 127 @ 10:06am
Took a short break to wake myself up more =)
Time restarted: 12.00pm
Page update: 168 @ 1:02pm 
Had lunch at 1:30pm.
Time restarted: 1:50pm 
Page update:  212 @ 2:10pm
Page update: 242 @ 3.00pm
Thoughts on this book so far: It's good, but I'm not finding it "amazing" like everyone else is =/
Page update: 283 @ 6:00pm
Dinner time!!
Time restarted: 6:38pm
Page update: Finished book @ 8:15pm  
Final thoughts on this book: It was good. Enjoyed the adventure. 
Look forwards to the sequel =)      

Second book: Jinx by Meg Cabot   
Time started: 9:15pm
Page update: 41 @ 9:54pm   
Thoughts on the book so far: I loved this book before, so I'm just remembering how much now =)     
Page update: 101 @ 11:58pm

So overall I didn't think I did too bad (that's what I keep telling myself). I fell asleep and woke up late. Lost the motivation to read, but I pushed myself to finish at least 1 book. I'm a slow reader. 
It was fun. Well done to everybody that participated, and a massive thanks to everybody that supported me! =D
                     
~Katie~

2 comments: