Thursday 19 September 2013

Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead


Title: Frostbite
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher:
Puffin

Series: Vampire Academy (Book #2)
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Times read: 2





Synopsis:

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...




My thoughts:

This is one of my own physical books. It's also a re-read for me. 
I love this series so much. It's one of my favourites. 
What I like about it is it's not cheesy. 
It's really believable and enjoyable at the same time.
It's also incredibly addictive!

~Storyline~

So the story carries on from the first book. Rose has to do a task, but when she travels to do the task, she finds everybody in that particular building dead; killed by Strigoi.
Back to the academy she goes, and her very own mother is invited there. 
Rose is also confused between her feelings between Dimitri and Mason.

I really like the storyline to this book. It just goes to show that Rose needs to be serious as the Strigoi can be anywhere. 
It's full of power, romance, family, friendships and kick-ass-ness.



~Cover~

The cover of this book is simple. I think the swirl that goes down the side is really pretty, and the font is gorgeous. I really like the cover.



~Synopsis~ 

The synopsis of the book sounds full of action, romance, and it makes me want to read it.


~Characters~

Rose -  Rose is one of my favourite female protagonists like EVER. She's sarcastic, bitchy, not afraid of who she is, and very out-going. She's attractive - and to be honest - I would love to be her.
Dimitri - Dimitri is a Russian God. He's so bossy, but you can see he really does care for Rose (not just as a guardian)
Lissa - Lissa I felt wasn't too involved with this book. She is innocent and cares about Rose a lot.
Mason - Mason is like a cute puppy dog that latches onto you. Except he's latching onto Rose. He's completely head over heels for Rose, and it's cute.
Adrian - I LOVE Adrian. As soon as you meet him, you will fall in love with him like I did. He's so full of it, but I just love it. He's sarcastic, and you can just tell he has a connection with Rose. Their conversations are always a joy to read about.
Christian - Christian is Lissa's boyfriend, and you can tell he is a decent guy. Even though Rose and Christian have had their ups and downs, they will work together to do what's right.



~Structure~

The story is told from Rose's point of view and the chapters are a nice short length.



~Writing~

The writing style is completely addictive. I love it, and I really get drawn in. I can literally picture everything clearly in my head, and I can imagine how the dialogue would sound to. It's as if the book comes to life inside my mind, and that's because how well-written the book is. I've always adored Richelle Mead's writing style.



~Title relevance~ 

I can imagine one reason why it's called Frostbite is because they have the ski trip, and what with the Strigoi attacking...



~Beginning~

When I started the book, I was literally like "Whoah! What's happening?!" It really caught my attention.



~Ending~

The ending is incredibly sad, however it makes me want to carry on in the series because it's that good.



~Rating & overall thoughts~

I LOVED reading this book just as much as I did the first time. I was re-loving everything, and now I can't wait to continue with the series. So of course I gave this book five stars. It's incredibly addictive.



~Recommend?~
  
 YES!! GO READ IT NOW!!
Video review: 



I hope you have enjoyed reading this review.



Happy reading =)

Goodreads-badge-add-plus 

No comments:

Post a Comment