Sunday 24 March 2013

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Rating: 5/5 stars


Synopsis:

Anna has been forced to move to France to continue her education. She thinks it's going to be a waste of time, until she meets the mysterious and handsome Etienne. Anna believes she has no interest in Etienne as she left a guy she had feelings for back home. She can't deny that Etienne is gorgeous, funny and simply amazing... But she's unable to do anything, because Etienne has a girlfriend. Can Anna and Etienne just remain really good friends, or will Anna reveal her true feelings to Etienne?




 
My thoughts:

I won someone's giveaway, and the prize was to choose a book for them to purchase for me. After hearing SO many good things about this book, I chose this one. I literally am glad that I did. It was amazing in every way possible. 
This is the first book that I have read from Stephanie Perkins, and oh my gosh; I now want to read more of them. 
The writing was simply beautiful and it really made you want to be there in the story with all the characters. 
I admire Anna SO much. She is literally like a role model to me. Shes beautiful, has met great friends, and is so lucky to have met Etienne. If I was Etienne, I'd want her too. When she denied her feelings for Etienne I was like "Anna, no! Admit your feelings, woman!", but I also commend her for walking away. She had the power to do that, and I was applauding her. Well done, Anna. Well done.
Etienne is the mysterious guy. Although he is hot, funny and just simply has an amazing personality, he does have family problems, which I found really interesting. He's not so perfect after all, and I think that is why I loved him more. 
All the other characters are just as amazing and described well. 
It's structured so well, that it just leaves you being hung onto the book and wanting to know more. I found it really hard to put this book down myself. I have also known guys that have loved this book.
Although the cover does look a little cheesey, it honestly is one of the sweetest reads ever. This book is most definitely a favourite of mine. I recommend to all!
I gave this book five out of five stars because I was literally drawn into every page and was yearning for more. This book has made me want to travel to France. I honestly can't wait to start other books by Stephanie Perkins. 
If you like sweet stories with a blossoming romance, definitely give this one a go. I recommend to all - males and females!



Video review:

Happy reading =)

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one, glad you enjoyed it. Great Review, Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deffo need to read it. It's so good!!

    ReplyDelete